Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been identified in SE Michigan, and the World Health Organization has designated Coronavirus as a pandemic. Governor Whitmer has declared a state of emergency in Michigan.
The State of Michigan Coronavirus task force advises that religious organizations should limit gatherings to less than 100 people.
The health and safety of our community is of paramount concern to the Rayyan Center. The Rayyan Center Board, in discussions with health care experts and religious leaders, have come up with the following plans:
The following activities at the Rayyan Center are CANCELLED until further notice:
– Daily fard salat
– Jummah salat
– Gym/Walking Track/Table Tennis
– All halaqas at the Rayyan Center
– All events at the Rayyan Center
Please follow routine infection prevention guidelines:
– Frequently wash hands for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer.
– Avoid close personal contact, handshaking, and hugging.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
– Cough and sneeze into tissues.
– Stay at home if you are sick. Contact your physician’s office for further advice.
The response to Coronavirus is evolving. We will remain in touch with appropriate health care professionals, ulema, and governmental agencies. We will keep all of you updated on future recommendations and actions.
We all make dua that Allah (SWT) keeps everyone healthy and protected during this difficult time.
-The Rayyan Center Board